ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING COURSE
Empowering you with the skills to fully exploit the benefits of additive manufacturing.
Over 1500 users subscribed!
This design for additive manufacturing course provides a thorough overview of design for additive manufacturing (DfAM) fundamentals. The online course consists of 5 parts which cover the core design principles anyone getting into AM should know.
Upskill in design for AM
Gain new skills with both video content and hands-on tutorials. Get up to speed with the latest trends in additive manufacturing such as optimising parts with generative design, minimising material with lattices and simplifying assemblies with part consolidation.
Introductory price £50
Unlimited access to
3+ hours of video content
54 pages of detailed course notes
5 Interactive design tutorials
Industry test cases and worked examples
50% Student discount
1. Introduction to the course
- Course introduction
- Additive manufacturing workflow
- What is design for additive manufacturing?
- Interactive tutorial one
2. Design for the correct process
- Overview of AM categories
- Additive manufacturing design guidelines
- AM process overview with real printed parts
- Large scale AM with industrial examples
- Interactive tutorial two
3. Design for minimal material usage
- Understanding functional surfaces
- Topology optimisation
- Lattice structure design
- How to minimise support structure
- Interactive tutorial three
4. Design for improved functionality
- Multi-scale design for additive manufacturing
- Mass customisation
- Generative design
- Interactive tutorial four
5. Design for part consolidation
- Part re-design for additive manufacturing
- Opportunities for part consolidation
- Challenges with part-consolidation
- Design for additive manufacturing course summary
- Interactive tutorial five
Interactive design tutorials*
- Guided AM design examples
- Apply the knowledge from the course
- Familiarisation with AM design workflows
*Tutorials only compatible with Windows 7+
Reasons to complete the course.
Hands-on interactive tutorials (Windows Only)
The course content is linked to guided online tutorials utilising Gen3D’s design software. Using Gen3D’s software, we guide you through the AM design process in easy steps, which is an ideal hands-on method of practising what you’re learning.
Accessible for students and professionals
Whether you are new to additive manufacturing or looking to boost your existing design for additive manufacturing knowledge, this course is targeted at all individuals with a technical background and a basic knowledge of design and manufacturing.
The team at Gen3D are academic and industrial experts with years of research in additive manufacturing (3D Printing). We distil this broad range of knowledge into a focused online course covering what, over the years, we have found to be most important to us in the field of design for additive manufacturing. This means that this is truly a great design for additive training course.
Register below to get access to all course content at the introductory price and save £100!