ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING COURSE
Free for everyone
2240+ users subscribed
Core design principles of AM
This design for additive manufacturing course provides a thorough overview of design for additive manufacturing (DfAM) fundamentals. The online course consists of 5 parts which cover the core design principles anyone getting into AM should know.
Latest trends in additive manufacturing
Gain new skills with both video content and hands-on tutorials. Get up to speed with the latest trends in additive manufacturing such as optimising parts with generative design, minimising material with lattices and simplifying assemblies with part consolidation.
Unlimited free access for all
Why you should take this course.
Practice what you're taught
The course content is linked to guided online tutorials utilising Gen3D’s design software. Using Gen3D’s software, we guide you through the AM design process in easy steps, which is an ideal hands-on method of practising what you’re learning. Interactive tutorials are available via Windows devices.
Boost your knowledge, earn a certificate
Whether you are new to AM or looking to boost your existing knowledge, this design for additive manufacturing course is ideal for all individuals with a technical background and a basic knowledge of design and manufacturing. A completion certificate allows you to showcase your work.
Delivered by an experienced team.
The team at Gen3D are industrial and academic experts with many years of research in additive manufacturing (3D printing). We distil this broad range of knowledge into a focused online design for additive manufacturing course covering what we have found to be most important in the field of design for additive manufacturing.
3+ hours of video content
54 pages of detailed course notes
5 interactive design tutorials (Windows)
Industry test cases and worked examples
1. Introduction to the course
- Course introduction
- Additive manufacturing workflow
- What is design for additive manufacturing?
- Interactive tutorial one
2. Design for the correct process
- Overview of AM categories
- Additive manufacturing design guidelines
- AM process overview with real printed parts
- Large scale AM with industrial examples
- Interactive tutorial two
3. Design for minimal material usage
- Understanding functional surfaces
- Topology optimisation
- Lattice structure design
- How to minimise support structure
- Interactive tutorial three
4. Design for improved functionality
- Multi-scale design for additive manufacturing
- Mass customisation
- Generative design
- Interactive tutorial four
5. Design for part consolidation
- Part re-design for additive manufacturing
- Opportunities for part consolidation
- Challenges with part-consolidation
- Design for additive manufacturing course summary
- Interactive tutorial five
Interactive design tutorials
- Guided AM design examples
- Apply the knowledge from the course
- Familiarisation with AM design workflows