This privacy notice was last updated on 03/03/2021
We respect your right to privacy.
Our overall aim is to ensure that our collection and use of personal information is appropriate to the provision of services to you and is in accordance with applicable data protection laws. This privacy notice is intended to provide you with details of how we collect and use your data, as well as explaining your rights as a data subject. Please read this notice carefully to fully understand that by using our products and services, you are agreeing to the use of your personal information as described in this notice.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation personal data is defined as: ‘any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject).’
According to the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office, Personal data is: ‘Information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. What identifies an individual could be a name or a number or could include other identifiers such as an IP address or a cookie identifier. If it is possible to identify an individual directly from the information then that information may be personal data.’
Primarily we collect and store personal data in order for us to provide our software and training services. Therefore, processing your personal data is necessary for the performance of the licence you have with Gen3D, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a licence or training agreement. We may also store personal data in order to reach out to new people who we know could benefit from forming a business or educational relationship with Gen3D. We will only do so via appropriate business channels.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and therefore we will not store unnecessary data relating to you. We will never sell your data or give your data to other companies to use for commercial purposes. We intend to only use personal data to benefit the data subject.
As mentioned above, we primarily store personal data in order to deliver our products and services to our customers.
We may process your personal data if you are not a customer but we have a legitimate interest to be in touch, or you have consented to receive our newsletter or receive other relevant information from time to time.
Subject to any applicable local laws and requirements we will not, as a matter of course, seek your consent when sending marketing materials but we will always give you the option to unsubscribe from any such communications.
Where we have previously engaged with you we will assume that you have given permission for us to contact you with details of very similar products, services or offers that we believe will be of interest to you. You will have the right to withdraw such permission at any time.
Contacting you with vital information
If you are a customer, regardless of any marketing preferences you have or may consent to, we will continue to communicate with you in respect of significant information. For example, important changes to the terms of using our core products and services.
We may pass your personal data onto third-party service providers contracted to Gen3D to support us in providing our service to you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details secure, and to use them only to support the fulfilment of the service we provide to you. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Gen3D’s procedures. Full details of the third-party service providers we use are available from our Data Protection Representative on request (detailed below).
Disclosure of personal information
We will reveal a user’s personal information without their prior permission only when we have reason to believe that the disclosure of this information is required to establish the identity of, to contact or to initiate legal proceedings against a person or persons who are suspected of infringing rights or property belonging to Gen3D or to others who could be harmed by the user’s activities or of persons who could (deliberately or otherwise) transgress upon these rights and property. We are permitted to disclose personal information when we have good reason to believe that this is legally required.
Gen3D is passionate about protecting your information. To this end we have put in place appropriate measures that are designed to prevent unauthorised access to and misuse of your personal data.
These include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss of or unauthorised access to your personal information, please let us know immediately by emailing: email@example.com
If we transfer your personal information out of the UK or Europe to a country not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be performed:
- Pursuant to the recipient’s compliance with standard contractual clauses, EU-US Privacy Shield (or Swiss-US Privacy Shield, as applicable), or Binding Corporate Rules;
- Pursuant to the consent of the individual to whom the personal information pertains; or
- As otherwise permitted by the applicable UK and European requirements.
You may contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of the UK and Europe.
The period for which data is retained in each circumstance is determined by the balanced interests of Gen3D and the data subjects concerned. If personal data needs to be retained to fulfil the documented business interests Gen3D, and that interest would align with the interests of the data subject, then we will continue to retain personal data for a reasonable period.
However, we do not keep data for any longer than is necessary. For most people where we have limited contact, it will be for a maximum of two years from the date of the last contact with us. Where we have engaged with you more extensively, for instance, we have worked with you as a customer, we may retain data longer.
We will delete personal data at the end of the legal retention period except where we need to keep any personal information to comply with our contractual (i.e. reporting requirements) or other legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete. If at any point you become aware that any of the personal data we hold in respect of you is inaccurate, then please email or call us via the contact details below whereby, once verified, we will arrange for the information to be updated.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review – in the event that Gen3D refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in point eight below.
- All the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in point three above) in the processing of your personal data.
At your request Gen3D can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Gen3D does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection representative, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. protection.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Gen3D may modify or update this notice when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products and service; so, please review it regularly. When we update this notice, we will revise the ‘Last Update’ date at the top of the notice.
If there are material changes to the notice or in how we use your personal data, we will notify you either by posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to regularly review this notice, which can be accessed via our external website or requested from our Data Protection Representative, to learn more about how Gen3D is using and protecting your information. Your continued use of the service or products after any modification to this notice will constitute your acceptance of such modification and updates.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Gen3D (or third parties), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and/or Gen3D’s Data Protection Representative.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Supervisory Authority Contact Details